cant begin to describe how emotional and prolific this flash was... i felt the need to finish the game even though i am not into puzzle games that much most of the times... but this was a great conglomeration of great music, and an awesome story backed up with a very carefully handcrafted gameplay... an amazing job is the least i can say
awesome, to say the least
I really enjoyed the beat in the beginning and pads sounded great as well. I basically enjoyed everything about this song, especially the piano
However, the only problems i have:
1) 1:47, I would add another instrument (preferably a guitar) to change the instrument thats carrying out the melody.
2) the breakdown, to me seemed a little too long, but that might be just splitting hair.
All in all, a really cool song.
i dont get it
not to be harsh or anything, but whats the point of this post? Skilled and talented you definitely are, but i just dont think people should start posting their "jams" up here. I would say work that into a song, with more involved in it.
Also, just a suggestion, if you are playing around in the II-V-I progressions, try Hungarian minors, you might have to tweak around with some notes, but they make the "jazz" sound turn into a very weird sound instead.
Well.. this is a Song. The words "Jazz" and "Jam" are somewhat synonym.
If you dont get this, I guess your head would explode if you listened to some of the stuff modern Jazz and Classical musicians are doing.
I know the Hungarian minor, I just decided it wouldnt fit into the overall mood of this song. After all, the emphasis lies on the major tonalities here, in a song in a minor key I would certainly make use of the hungarian minor sometime; i might even exclusively use it if I think it's approprate.
But atm, Im more into that inside-outside stuff and whole-step scales.
[Review Request Club]
ok, this song has a lot of potential and i do really like what you have i do have a few suggestions though if i may..
1) The progressive nature of this song is pretty awesome. The vibe you created with the synth was awesome and the bass just following is pretty cool as well.
2) The end is perfect too, I would suggest adding a distorted guitar though... some power chords can do this song wonders.
3) In my opinion this can be taken to a whole new level if you want. IMO, the riff at 1:23 can be played again later on a guitar and have the song progress with that in mind instead of the synth. It might end up being like 8 minutes or something but that is a pretty good length of a progressive jazzy song...
what did not work:
1) The drums seemed out of place most of the time and did not sync up right.
2) This song is felt like a half told story, i am left wanting more to a point of trying a post-metal cover of it or something. In other words, work more on it because right now it seems like a sweet jam session. You need to make it a song.
hope that helped man..
Thanks for your review!
The drums were done in swing, by the way, and the synths...uh...weren't lol. Point taken.
When I try to do solos, it usually turns into a jam-like song (not a song really lol), so I guess I should work on that.
Otherwise, thanks for the positive feedback! I like that word, "potential". 2nd time I've heard that being used to describe one of my songs...hmmm...
I am so glad I am using a double-monitor right now with this picture enlarged on one screen and writing a review on the other. Anyway, like Fro mentioned, the mix of colors is definitely making this look amazing to say the least.
I would not change anything about this but I am pretty sure some smug will come in and let you in on how they think otherwise.
P.S- I hate MGMT (dont ask, they are overrated and over-played) but still love this picture and do not mind the reference
effing sweet man
it is so cool because i did not see the jaw in the picture till I read the title of the picture, and after that it changed my perception towards it. I love the sort of contrast that lies in this picture with the black and red, which just makes me think of a vampire-esque comic (while it may not be the case with you).
This might be too much to ask, but you should consider changing the blue to something else, maybe a tone of red or something like that. It just throws me off everytime i look at it. Besides that, I think this would be a great cover for a dark and, shall I say, twisted comic?
I'm not gonna reveal what it's about, but it will be coming out fairly soon.
Your right aout one thing though it will be twisted!
Thanks for the review,
i dont think that the normal view of this picture does justice to it. I think the full size truly shows where you have put time into this piece. The scribbles are just brilliant because they symbolize so much more than hair on his face. I love the white on black instead of the traditional black on white and the amount of red used in this picture is just appropriate...
overall, a great job and i think it is dark to say the least...
Yeah I should have expanded the view, thanks for the review!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.